Post Last Updated on
I know you’ve anxiously been looking for some finest solutions to Pes Planus. Well, you landed in the right place. You don’t need to read thousands of words to have a better grasp of this disease.
All you have to do is to sit calm, take a deep breath and here we are, with some of the best solutions to your problems.
Whether they are symptoms, causes or treatments of flatfoot, you’ll find everything here. So why waiting, let’s go, folks!
- 1 What is Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
- 2 Types of Pes Planus (Flatfoot):
- 3 What are the symptoms of Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
- 4 How is the Pes Planus (flatfoot) diagnosed?
- 5 Some Extra Tips:
- 6 What are some best shoes for Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
- 7 Best shoes for flat foot
- 7.1 1. SKECHERS Performance Go Walk 4 – Incredible:
- 7.2 2. Skechers – Vigor 2.0 – Serpentine – Workout Shoes:
- 7.3 3. Clarks – Sillian Paz – Women’s CloudSteppers Slip-On Loafer:
- 7.4 4. Saucony – Ride ISO – Women’s Pes Planus Shoes:
- 8 Best Seller Shoes for Flat Feet
- 9 Conclusion:
What is Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
If you’re standing and your sole is touching the ground, it’s called Pes Planus (
Do you know?
Around 20 to 30% of people are facing this flatfoot problem worldwide.
Some people have this disease from the moment they are born. But not everyone, some suffer this disease especially when the soft tissues that are supporting the arch of the leg become weak, which results in flatfoot disorder.
Pes Planus commonly happens to women who are above the age of 40 in combination with diabetes and obesity problems.
Quite alarming, right?
Types of Pes Planus (Flatfoot):
Well, there are two common types of flat foot disease. The first one is, flexible flat foot and the second is a rigid flat foot. Want to be more familiar with these two types?
Okay, the inflexible flat foot is when the foot is at rest, it has a normal arch, but when it comes in contact with the ground, it disappears.
The second one is the rigid flat foot. It is commonly found in adults because it develops when the supporting arch muscles of your foot become weak. Symptoms include pain and swelling at the inside arch of your ankle and foot.
What are the symptoms of Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
If someone is feeling a consistent pain in the bottom of the foot, especially after waking up and walking a few steps, he/she might be suffering from this disorder(don’t worry, I’m going to tell you the solution as well!).
Flatfoot is also caused by standing for a long time. Some people may also feel this problem when they sit for a long time and then rise.
Note: If you’re doing exercise, you’ll feel it always after getting done with the exercise, not during your exercise.
Causes of Pes Planus (Flatfoot) :
Let’s have a look at some causes of flatfoot disorder!
1. Genetic Factor
This problem could also be due to inheriting a genetic problem from the parents.
2. Weak Arches
It could also be due to having weak arches. In such a case, the arch could be seen when the person sits but it flats down the moment the person stands up.
3. Foot Injury
Foot and ankle injury can also be the reason for this problem.
4. Muscle Diseases
Flat feet may also arise due to muscle and nervous system diseases.
5. The damaged posterior tibial tendon
If you have a damaged or a rapture posterior tibial tendon, you are likely to fall prey to this disease
6. Obesity and diabetes
People who have obesity and diabetes problems are prone to this disease. Prevention of these diseases to a lesser degree will also lower the risks of flatfoot.
How is the Pes Planus (flatfoot) diagnosed?
Normally, people recognize this disease by looking at the feet to check whether there is an arch when they’re standing barefoot. However, this is just for a general assessment of the problem.
Foot specialists will get an x-ray image of your foot to have in-depth knowledge about your foot. After a proper check-up, they can accurately tell you about the type of flatfoot, cause, and authorized treatment.
Treatment for Pes Planus (Flatfoot):
After becoming acutely aware of the type of flatfoot, its progression, and symptoms, only then the treatment can be provided. Depending upon the situation of the arch of your foot, it includes the following treatments:-
- Recommending proper shoes for flatfoot
- Custom functional orthotics
- Weight loss
- Wearing casts
- A physical therapy
- NSAIDs medicines
- Changing in the routines and activities
Some Extra Tips:
- If you undergoing a flatfoot problem at home and have no knowledge of what to do, no worries, all you have to do is to rest. Try to find some ice and put it where you’re feeling pain, it will not only release the pain but also help in reducing the swelling.
- Doing stretching exercises will also give you great relief. Look for some adaptable stretching exercises online and you’ll realize the difference soon.
- You can also try out some pain relief medications for immediate relief. Keeping these pain relief medications always with you will be a fruitful idea.
- Always wear flat feet shoes; pes planus shoes are particularly designed to reduce the risk of coming across flat feet problem.
What are some best shoes for Pes Planus (flatfoot)?
If you’re thinking about having some wonderful shoes that will not only prove to be excellent in performance but also help you in your flat foot problem, you just need an impeccable pair of flat feet shoes. That’s why we have gathered some best shoes in this regard. Want to give it a try? Let’s have a look.
Best shoes for flat foot
Looking for shoes with incredible cushioning, support and comfort for your flatfoot? Then Skechers GOwalk 4 could be your best choice. With the combination of breathable Goga Mat® foam insole, 5GEN® GO Pillars midsole and outsole, these comfortable walking shoe supplies support to Pes Planus aka. Flat feet by correct arch support and shock absorption.
Wait! It doesn’t end here!
These Skechers walking shoes feature an easy Slip-on design with Quick-Fit Portal at heel for simple, easy and quick wearing on and off.
Moving on its upper, The GO Walk 4 features an engineered mesh upper with smooth bamboo lining and synthetic overlays ensuring a sweat-free, odorless, breezy environment inside. Moreover, the upper fabric is flexible, durable and stylish enough to wear anywhere, anytime in any condition.
Unlike most of the shoes, Gowalk 4’s midsole also serves as an outsole as it is comfortable, durable and strong enough to withstand premature wear and tear. It provides multi-directional traction over various surfaces. Furthermore, its Goga Pillars protects the foot by regulating the pressure and ensures adaptive cushioning throughout the day.
Whether it’s working, walking or traveling, these shoes are perfect for any ride. They are available in 7 appealing colors, US standard sizes, and extra-wide width options.
Skechers Go Walk 4 Reviews:
- About 81% of Reviews received were positive about the shoes from which 74% felt these shoes have just right toe box and are true to width.
- Many reviewers, especially with Flat Feet (Pes Planus), were happy with its adequate arch support.
- These shoes are lightweight and breathable, making them easy to wear on hot summer days. A significant number of reviewers said.
- A lot of users were quite impressed with its appealing and stylish design and looks, due to which they have gained many compliments.
- Many users found these shoes durable, praising that they won’t need to buy a new pair anytime soon.
- About 10% of the reviews were unsatisfactory.
- Few users felt that the shoe has a narrow toe box.
- A couple of testers faced squeaking problem.
- Some of the buyers complained that the shoes are not true to size.
- Few reviewers claimed that a hole was developed on the upper, after few months of use.
Good News! Skechers Go Walk 5 are also available now. Check out its price and Reviews here:
With a comfortable structure and trendy design, Skechers vigor 2 will keep you in action. It is loaded with a stable platform inspired midsole with memory foam that adapts according to the shape of the foot, ensuring plush cushioning.
Moreover, the midsole absorbs the shock effectively and provide enough arch support for Pes Planus or flat feet to support and correct their pronation.
For the upper, these shoes feature a combination of textile fabric and leather along with mesh fabric side panels and side stripe overlays to guarantee the user with comfortable, durable, flexible and breathable experience during heavy work out, jogging, walking or standing all day.
To further enhance the cushioning, padded collar and tongue as well as soft fabric lining is included to make sure you have an irritation-free experience even with wearing socks.
These shoes are flexible, can withstand premature wear and tear and provide great traction over multiple surfaces due to its durable rubber outsole.
Skechers Vigor 2 is available in 7 awesome flavors and with Wide and Extra Wide option intact.
Skechers Vigor 2 Reviews:
- About 85% of the reviewers praised what these shoes have to offer.
- Reviewers found these shoes comfortable, durable, stylish, attractive with impressive breathability.
- One of the testers wore it on concrete surfaces for the whole day regularly and had no foot pain.
- According to many buyers, these shoes are true to size and width, have just right toe box and fit well.
- Reviewers with flat feet or Pes Planus condition were satisfied with its arch support and comfortability.
- About 9% of the reviewers had issues with these workout shoes.
- Some of the reviewers claimed that these flatfoot shoes, wear out too quickly.
- Users who have Pes Cavus or high arches complained that these shoes don’t provide enough arch support.
- A few buyers were annoyed with its poor quality.
Unbelievably lightweight, with sporty style and impressive cushioning, these Sillian Paz shoes by Clarks well keep you on your feet for a whole day without any discomfort.
These slip-on loafers feature a removable cushioned Ortholite® footbed with advance Cushion soft technology and Soft fabric lining which adds comfort, corrects the pronation for flat feet and help you in walking and standing all day during work, or other activities.
Its upper is crafted from nubuck leather with elastic side panels which make them stylish, comfortable, breathable and easy to take on and off.
Are you worried about how will you clean this Nubuck leather?
Don’t worry! Follow these following instructions to get your problem solved.
Moving on to its outsole, which is made out of durable and lightweight EVA rubber. It is durable and slip-resistant enough to perform over various surfaces protecting you from slip and fall resulting in serious injuries.
They are available in Wide width and 7 appealing colorways to blend in with any outfit you wear on any occasion.
Clarks Sillian Paz reviews:
- About 81% of the reviews analyzed were positive from which 74% of the reviewers found these shoes with just right toe box, true to the width and moderate arch support.
- Women with Pes Planus condition found relief to wear them as it provides the required amount of comfort and support.
- One of the reviewers suffering from plantar fasciitis also praised it Ortholite removable footbed which help cure her foot problem.
- Although these shoes have closed-toe design still it didn’t squeeze or press the toes, as claimed by one of the testers.
- Users have used them for walking, standing or while working in hospitals as a nurse without any discomfort or foot pain or fatigue.
- Almost every reviewer was quite satisfied with its reasonable price tag.
- About 10% of the reviews were unsatisfactory.
- A couple of buyers complained that these shoes are too narrow for wide feet so they may not be true to width.
- Some of the reviewers claimed that the shoes are not True to Size so you may want to buy a half size larger.
- Reviewers with high arches complained about inadequate arch support.
Struggling with your Pes Planus or Flat Feet condition? Suffering from foot or knee pain? Then you should prefer Ride ISO shoes by Saucony.
These shoes feature a lightweight, responsive and flexible cushioning with PWRFOAM midsole and Woven heel support. Moreover, ISOFIT and FORM FIT technology along with EVERUN topsole cushioning further enhances the cushioning and provide snug fit by adapting the shape of the foot.
A lightweight, flexible and breathable engineered mesh fabric is used to craft the upper of the shoe with lightly padded tongue and collar making these shoe irritation-free, comfortable and breezy as well as ensuring smooth and seamless ride for the user.
Talking about its outsole, which is made out of TRI-FLEX crystal material, which prevents the shoe from premature wear and tears. Furthermore, the outsole features a gripping lug along with multi-directional grooves to provide great support, traction, and comfort on various surfaces.
Its tempting and trendy design with 12 eye-catching colors will blend in with any outfit you wear and yield a lot of compliments from others.
Saucony Ride ISO reviews:
- About 83% of the reviews were satisfying.
- Buyers were quite impressed with its stylish and trendy design and eye-catching colors.
- Many runners who were suffering from foot problems like muscle strains, plantar fasciitis or Pes Planus praised the comfortability and support of the midsole.
- Its good fit, ankle and heel support and breathability has helped many users to run for long-distance.
- A lot of testers were quite impressed with its wider toe box and moderate arch support.
- These shoes are not too expensive and are worth paying quality and comfort, according to many appraisers.
- About 8% of the reviewers were disappointed.
- Few of the runners claimed that these shoes are not well cushioned or padded.
- One of the reviewers complained that these running shoes for flat feet are too narrow to wear.
- One of the runners felt that the heel cushioning doesn’t exist in the shoes.
- Users with pes cavus or high arches didn’t found enough arch support in these sneakers.
Best Seller Shoes for Flat Feet
- Rubber sole
- Rugged neutral runner in mesh with bright overlays
- GEL Cushioning System
- Removable foam sockliner accommodates orthotics
- Trail-specific outsole with multi-surface traction
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
- REVlite midsole foam
- NB Memory Sole Comfort insert
- Removable insert
- Slip on upper with additional lace up support
- Cushion soft
- Ortholite foot bed
- ARCH SUPPORT - Ergonomic arch support design provide perfect cushioning for your arch, helping with Flat foot, Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs improving your gait and letting you walk or run with ease.
- EASY TO USE - Cleaning the shoes first, then simply remove the adhesive cover from the insoles, and place them along the inside edge of your shoes under your arch and firmly press.
- NON SLIP - Self adhesive design make the insoles stay in place all the time. Also, you can wipe off the sticky residual from the pads to reuse it. The strong sticky heels cushion pads are equipped with strong adhesive properties.
- REUSABLE - Be made of durable and soft gel material which is easily washed, reusable. Arch support brace is suitable for daily use and are absolutely invisible.
- CAUTION: Urchoice has never been licensed to any other seller, authentic products only sold by Urchoice-US, please only order from Urchoice-US. We have received some customer's feedback about the counterfeits. They are poorly made, defect design and any possible potential threats you can't imagine. If you have purchased a counterfeit from another seller, please report it directly to Amazon then we can give you $5 as a reward.
Good News! Saucony Ride ISO 2 is also available now. Check out its price and Reviews here:
Watch this amazing Slideshow of Best Shoes for Flat Feet (Pes Planus):
Do You Know?
Pes Planus or Flatfoot is often a result of over-pronation for which you require a nice pair of Stability Shoes especially if you are a Runner. Check out the article in the link below to know more:
I’m 100% sure this wonderful guide has helped you in the best possible way. All of the information is authentic and taken from credible sources.
Now it’s your turn, all you need to do is to read out all the information carefully. I’m sure you’ll get what you were looking for.
Don’t forget to consult a doctor before taking any action. Good Luck!