Post Last Updated on
So you’re thinking about how to clean canvas shoes, right? I still remember the day when my father gifted me canvas shoes on my birthday. I think it was one of the best gifts I ever got. Why? The reason is quite simple; they are probably the best shoes around. When it comes to class, quality and beauty, they can really steal the show for you.
Like all of you, who are looking for easy ways on how to clean shoes, I was concerned too. I would go through a bundle of places to find a perfect solution, but all in vain. However, this won’t be the case with you. I have found some magic tricks that would work perfectly for you. So grab a hot bowl of spaghetti, look through these tips and bingo! You’ll have your canvas shoes as clean as a new pin.
I know you’re tired of reading difficult solutions for this problem. They are tiresome and difficult to apply. Just follow me and you’ll know everything you’re looking for.
- 1 One Important Tip: Find out the type of material
- 2 Solution 1: First Clean Canvas Shoes By Hand
- 3 Solution 2: Clean Canvas Shoes With Baking Soda
- 4 Solution 3: You Can Clean Canvas Shoes In A Washing Machine
- 5 Some More Tips For Excellent Results:
- 6 Final Words:
One Important Tip: Find out the type of material
Type of the material?
Yes, this is the first and foremost thing to contemplate on. I see a lot of people never pay attention to the material. Do you know what they end up? A complete disaster! Starting cleaning your shoes without keeping the material used is a grave mistake.
Keep these two things in mind about your shoes.
1. Are they made of suede or leather?
If yes, then you shouldn’t clean them on your own, you have to take them to specialist cleaners in order to get better results. Seems difficult? If this is the case, I think you should check some tips on how to clean shoes with Suede or Nubuck.
2. Are they made of canvas or cotton?
If your shoes are made of these two materials, congrats! You can wash them without any difficulty. You can easily wash them with shampoo or soup by following the instruction on the shoe label.
Solution 1: First Clean Canvas Shoes By Hand
To begin with, you should first check whether your shoes are ready to clean or not. What does that mean? It means making sure there is no dust or dirt inside your shoes. Doing this will make the cleaning process much easier.
Done with the dusting part?
Okay, remove the laces and wash your favorite shoes by hand.
What will I need?
You might be thinking about the things you’re going to use. Let’s have a look at what you’ve to collect first.
- First of all, you’ll need a bucket (which can be of any size, don’t worry!)
- Some warm water to make the cleaning process robust
- Any of your favorite mild detergent you use for your laundry
- Do you have an old towel? (Yeah, I have) Perfect!
Now tell me how to do it?
Very easy, follow these steps and done!
- You have your bucket, right? okay, now take your warm water and add it into the bucket. Done with it? It’s time to add 1 to 2 tbsp of the detergent into the bucket.
- Let is dissolve fully into the water.
- Now pick up your shoes, dip your shoes into the water and start rubbing the exterior of your shoes. (obviously with a toothbrush or sponge)
- It’s time to rinse the shoes with some clean and warm water.
- We have to take the remaining water out of the shoes. To do so, take an old towel to take the extra water out.
- Show your shoes some sunshine so they dry quickly.
Solution 2: Clean Canvas Shoes With Baking Soda
Thinking about how to clean canvas shoes with baking soda, keep these steps in mind and chill out!
What do I need?
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
How can I do this?
- So you have gathered the above requirements, okay now mix them together until it becomes a paste.
- Pick a toothbrush and add the mixture to the canvas areas of your shoes.
- After doing the above step, take your shoes out in the sunshine for 3 to 4 hours.
- After 3 to 4 hours, the mixture will get dry; now smack the shoes with one another so the mixture gets removed.
Done! See I told you, it’s so simple.
Thank me later!
Solution 3: You Can Clean Canvas Shoes In A Washing Machine
Here is another solution for you. People who are lazy (me too!) or don’t want to clean their shoes by hands, using a washing machine would be a tremendous idea.
What do I need?
- You’ll need a washing machine. (Obviously!) (Don’t have it? Check out the Latest Washing Machines here)
- A detergent
- Any of pre-wash treatment.
Steps to do it:
- First of all, apply a pre-wash treatment to get better results. You can also use some detergents for this purpose as well.
- Add cool water to your washing machine and set a usual cycle.
- Add half of the detergent into the water.
- Put in your shoes in the machine.
- Wait until the washing machine completes its cycle.
- After your shoes get cleaned, place some papers into them so they retain their proper shape.
- Let them dry in the sun.
Some More Tips For Excellent Results:
If you’re wearing leather shoes and thinking about cleaning them, never use detergents that you daily use. Taking the shoes to a cleaning specialist would be of great help.
Let the shoes dry properly before wearing them. If you don’t allow them to dry properly, you’re damaging the quality of your shoes.
It’s always good if you let the shoes dry in the direct sunlight. Some people use other heat sources to dry their shoes. However, this isn’t a good way of doing it. Direct heat may damage the glue that holds the different parts of your shoes together.
I’m sure cleaning your shoes won’t be a problem anymore. Be it washing the shoes with baking soda or with a washing machine, all the methods are easy to follow and apply. Now it’s your spin, pick a method that best suits you and
Read more How-To Guides here:
- How to Wash Tennis Shoes? – A simple Guide 2019
- How to Avoid Problems with Heels? – Quick Tips
- How to Buy Best Shoes for Foot Pain | Guide 2019
- How To Make Non-Slip Shoes For The Restaurant? A Complete Guide