Post Last Updated on
Are you suffering from heel pain or body pain like hip or back pain while running? Or do you have flat feet? Then you may be suffering from over-pronation for which you need some of the best stability running shoes for over-pronators.
So if you are thinking about what is over-pronation? And How would you know whether you are an over-pronator or not?
Don’t worry! We have explained everything to you! Just fasten your seatbelt and keep on reading.
There are specific aspects which come with choosing the right footwear, such as:
- Understanding your pronation.
- Looking at your foot type.
- Understanding what features work best for you.
- 1 What is Pronation?
- 2 Understanding Foot Types
- 3 9 Best Stability Running Shoes for Over-Pronators:
- 3.1 1. ASICS – Men’s Gel-Kayano 25 – Lite-Show – Stability Running Shoes for Over-Pronation:
- 3.2 2. Nike Air Zoom Winflo 5:
- 3.3 3. New Balance – Men’s 1260v7 – Stability Running Shoes:
- 3.4 4. Asics – GT 2000 7 – Stability Running Shoe for Over-Pronation:
- 3.5 5. Mizuno – Wave Inspire 15 – Stability Running Shoes:
- 3.6 6. Asics GT 2000 6 Lite-Show – Stability Running Shoes for Women:
- 3.7 7. New Balance Women’s w940v3 Running Shoe:
- 3.8 8. Asics – GT 1000 7 – Shoes for Over-Pronation for Women:
- 3.9 9. Adidas – Women’s Solar Glide ST – Running Shoe:
- 4 Conclusion
What is Pronation?
Pronation is quite simply the motion of your foot rolling from the heel to your toe as your foot strikes the floor while you run.
As with most things everyone will run slightly differently, and this is why there are three different types of pronation, and when choosing the right pair of running shoes, it is essential to know which type you have:
1. Neutral Pronation:
Neutral pronation is the most common type. This is the action of the foot, making an impact with the outside of the heel and rolling up to the ball of your foot nice and evenly, about 15 degrees inward.
This means you are distributing the stress of the impact proportionately and are pushing off evenly from the front of the foot.
2. Under Pronation (Supination):
Under pronation means the foot will make contact with the ground with the outside of the heel.
However, the foot will then continue to roll onto the outside of the foot. This means the impact is forced onto a concentrated area of the foot, and when pushing off, the pressure is mostly applied to the smaller toes.
Overpronation will again make initial contact with the outside of the heel. However, when the foot continues to roll, the ball of your foot will kill inward more than the ideal 15 degrees.
This means the foot and ankle have problems stabilizing the body, and shock isn’t absorbed efficiently. Then at the end of the cycle, the front of the foot is mainly pushing off of the big and second toe, causing an excessive force.
4. Severe Over-Pronation:
You can also have a severe overpronation, which means the ball of your foot will roll excessively inwards, causing significant pressure on the big toe as you run.
Understanding Foot Types
Pronation is generally associated with the height of your arch or general foot type.
The arch of your foot is simply the middle area of the foot, and this will vary from person to person ranging from people with flat feet up to a high arch.
The best way to test which foot type you have is by performing the wet test. It is a very simple method, and all you need is:
- A small bowl or tray (Container).
- Some water.
- Some brown paper card or something similar.
Pour the water into your container and place your card on the floor.
Softly place your bare foot into the container, ensuring to get all areas of the underfoot wet.
Remove your foot from the container shaking off any excess water and gently place it onto your card. Stand normally for a few seconds, then remove your foot.
Analyze your results to determine your foot type:
The shape of your foot will now appear on the card, and depending on what shape you see is how you classify your foot type.
A normal arch is generally associated with neutral pronation. You have a distinct curve along the inside of the foot, and in the middle should be a little less than half the width of your foot.
A high arch, also known as pes cavus, is mostly linked to under pronation. You will have a very sharp curve along the inside of the foot and your center, which is very thin.
A low arch is generally associated with over-pronation, which can lead to overuse injuries there’s not much of a curve along the inside, and your imprint shows a large percentage of the entire area of your foot.
In instances of severe over-pronation, you will see the entire area of your foot mark, which is also called as pes planus or flat feet.
Choose the correct running shoe:
So now you know what your foot type is and what type of pronation you have.
It’s time to choose the correct running shoe.
- Motion Control Shoes: Motion control Footwear prevents your foot from rolling in too far. It has a straight shape that gives maximum support to your foot and is the most rigid control orientated running shoe due to which these shoes work best for severe over-pronators.
- Cushioned Shoes: Cushioned footwear allows your feet to roll inward. It has a curved shape to encourage foot motion and have the softest midsole with the least medial support. So If you are an under pronator, you will want to look at the cushioned range to give you the added shock absorbency.
- Stability Shoes: Stability Footwear offers the right blend of cushioning medial support and durability. They often have a semi-curved shape and don’t control foot motion and strictly as motion control shoes. So If you have a neutral to mildly Over-Pronation, you cab go for stability range for extra support or comfort.
That’s a detailed look into pronation foot types and choosing the perfect footwear for you. We hope this has been of help.
Know the Difference:
- Running Shoes VS Walking Shoes – Know the Difference
- Training Shoes Vs. Running Shoes – Who is the Winner?
So If you are sure enough that you are suffering from over-pronation and intending to buy stability shoes, then here is the list of Best Stability Running shoes for over-pronators you can buy online.
9 Best Stability Running Shoes for Over-Pronators:
This list was finalized after several days of research. We have chosen the best among thousands of products available, after going through the product specification, stability for over-pronators, price, heel drop, comfortability, durability, breathability, customer reviews, and expert reviews. Moreover, we have only chosen products that have a 4+ star rating on Amazon.
ASICS Gel-Kayano 25 is indeed one of the top-rated and most preferred running shoes for people suffering from over-pronation.
This stability running shoe is equipped with tons of features to provide the ultimate experience, where Heel Clutching System Technology, along with the Guidance Line, supported by the Trusstic System, is responsible for the stability and support for over-pronation.
To further enhance the stability and support for overpronators, Dynamic Duomax Support System and crash pads beneath the heel area are included, which reduced weight and raises the platform support.
For comfortability, while walking and running, Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Technology is included, which absorbs the shock upon impact and efficiently promote the gait cycle. Moreover, its midsole loaded with FluidRide foam which provides responsive, lightweight, and durable experience along with relief from muscle strain.
FlyteFoam® Propel, along with FlyteFoam® Lyte Technology, is also included in the midsole to help you stand and walk all day without any discomfort.
Moving on to its upper area; It is crafted from a mesh fabric that adapts the shape of the foot along with Ortholite™ X-40 Sockliner to provide a breathable, comfortable, and moisture-free environment inside the stability sneakers.
For the outsole, AHAR Plus material is used, which is twice as durable and bouncy than the regular AHAR “Asics High Abrasion Rubber” Material that improves runner’s performance, stability and provides adequate traction on various surfaces.
Indeed, these shoes are a complete package for runners who require stability along with an appealing design that is available in 3 different colorways.
- Asics Gel Kayano 25 Running Shoes are also available for Women
Men’s Gel-Kayano 26
|Check Price on Amazon|
Asics Gel Kayano 25 Reviews:
- About 85% of the Reviewers (among 4500+ reviewers) were quite impressed with the shoes giving them ultimate comfort, stability, and premium feel.
- Most of the running expert has given 4+ rating to these shoes because of its quality and durability.
- A lot of users were quite impressed with its perfect fitting.
- Many people said that these shoes are quite good for marathons as they perform quite evenly throughout.
- Users were quite impressed with its stability, and over-pronators found relief to wear them.
- A lot of users were quite impressed with its versatile design and appealing looks.
- They are one of the best stability running shoes for overpronators, one of the reviewers said.
- Many users said that these shoes are a bit pricy but worth paying.
- About 12% of the Reviews were negative.
- Few users found these shoes, a bit expensive.
- As these shoes are for over-pronators, users who require arch support were disappointed.
- Some of the reviewers found it narrow to wear.
- A couple of buyers complained about its premature wear and tear.
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 5 is considered as one of the worthy stability shoes with the features that would assist over-pronators while walking, running, or other daily activities.
Its midfoot is specially designed to provide the supportive feel, stability, relief from pain, and to correct the pronation of the user as it is loaded with Cushlon foam along with removable insole.
For the upper, perforated fabric with mesh structure as well as Flywire design is used to enhance breathability and comfort and to provide sock-like fitting. Moreover, the tongue is thinly padded to increase cushioning and flexibility.
To further improve the comfortability, stability, and cushioning, the area around the ankles is padded, and seamless design is ensured to protect the whole foot from strain, pain, or irritation.
Its rubber outsole with Waffle-inspired treads makes them on the list of best Nike non-slip shoes, and its flex groves assist the foot in bending naturally during the gait cycle.
These Nike running sneakers have a lightweight structure and versatile design making them usable in gym, treadmill, or running. Its appealing design easily blends with any casual outfit your wear, subsequently, yielding compliments from others.
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 6 is also available Now, But due to less buyer’s reviews available, we haven’t included them into the list yet.
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 5 Reviews:
- About 87% of the reviews (among 800+ Reviews) were positive.
- Many users felt great wearing them, especially praising its slip-resistant outsole and breathable upper.
- A lot of reviewers were happy with its removable insole, which enables them to get customized arch support.
- Many Planter Fasciitis patients were glad to find relief after wearing them.
- Many reviewers appreciated its stylish colorways.
- One of the users appreciated its wide toe box, and the other one was quite impressed with its comfortability.
- People suffering from over-pronation agreed that these shoes are indeed one of the best stability running shoes for over-pronation.
- About 6% of the reviews received were negative.
- Some of the reviewers claimed that the color scheme in the picture differs from the real shoes.
- According to the specification, these shoes may not be perfect for trail running.
- One of the reviewers felt that the size is a bit larger than the standard.
Looking for style, cushioning, and a satisfying performance? Then New Balance 1260v7 could be a game-changer for you.
With the heel drop of 8 mm and added stability feature in the full-length ABZORB midsoles will give you ultimate heel comfort and help you correct the over-pronation. Furthermore, the midsole ensures the responsive and bouncy feel with nitrogen-infused FuelCell technology while running so that you can run faster and smoother.
Moving on to its upper, Its which is crafted with full-length mesh fabric with ghosted underlays wrapping around the mid-foot to give breezy and cozy environment along with snug fit to the foot. This feature will ensure your foot won’t sweat or slip out of the shoes with running.
For the Outsole, the Blown Rubber material is used along with Ndurance technology in the heel area to make the shoes responsive, bouncy, and comfortable for walking and running extra miles without getting tired.
These running shoes for over-pronation are available in 3 vibrant colorways along with a wide range of US standard sizes and widths to accommodate almost every runner of any foot type.
New Balance 1260v7 Reviews:
- About 75% of the Reviews were positive about the product.
- Many users were quite impressed with its high level of cushioning.
- Reviewers appreciated its appealing design and snug-fitting.
- Runners with over-pronation were quite satisfied with its stability.
- Many reviewers said they would buy these shoes again and again.
- About 10% of the reviewers had issues with the shoes.
- Some of the reviewers claimed that the shoe’s tongue doesn’t stay in its place while running.
- Few users found these shoes with inferior quality.
- A couple of users felt these running shoes a bit bulky.
- One of the buyers said these shoes are a bit expensive.
Another grand entry in our list of best stability running shoes for over-pronation is GT 2000 7 by ASICS. It is due to its DYNAMIC DUOMAX technology, which combines two different density midsole materials to provide comfort and stability to the over-pronating foot and to minimize injury.
ASICS has redesigned the upper of GT 2000 7 from its previous model. It features a jacquard mesh upper, which more is breathable, durable, and flexible as compared to regular mesh fabric.
Moreover, two different overlays are included in the upper, one on the heel side to improve the fitting and heel clutching, and the other one is on the side of the shoes to prevent mid-foot movement.
This stability running shoes will keep your foot dry, breezy, and bacteria-free due to it’s breathable upper and molded EVA sock liner placed inside so that you can get healthy run anytime… anywhere.
Traditional Lace-up closure ensures the snug-fitting and slip-prevention of the foot, inside the shoes. To further enhance the comfortability, Forefoot and Rear-foot are equipped GEL cushioning System, and Flyte-foam material is used in the mid-foot to provide comfort for running and walking all day.
Talking about its outsole, unlike other running shoes, ASICS has used two different rubber materials on the outsole. Blown Rubber material named AHAR is used for the forefoot to increase flexibility, responsiveness, and comfortability whereas, Carbon rubber material called AHAR+ is used for heels for extraordinary durability.
Trusstic System in the mid-foot area of the outsole ensures rigidity and structural integrity, while Guidance Line Midsole Technology enhances the gait efficiency so you can run extra miles, perform better, and feel better.
Its appealing design, availability in 7 eye-catching color combinations, and wide-width version is something you can’t ignore.
ASIS GT 2000 7 Reviews:
- About 92% of the reviewers appreciated what these shoes have offered.
- Runners found these shoes lighter in weight than its previous model.
- Many reviewers appreciated its comfortability, especially its Heel’s cushioning.
- According to several users, it has a roomy toe box and great fitting.
- People were quite impressed with its stability and arch support, which have assisted over-pronators.
- Many users applauded its breathability, which enabled them to run smoothly even in hot weather.
- About 4% of the reviewers were disappointed with these stability running shoes.
- One of the buyers found these shoes too tight, narrow, and claimed that these shoes are NOT true to size.
- A few users felt that these shoes are not as durable as its predecessor due to its premature wear and tear.
- One of the users found these shoes a bit heavy to wear.
If your feet hurt while running and you want to fix your over-pronation, then Mizuno Wave Inspire could be one of the best options for you.
These running shoes can give an incredibly comfortable and versatile ride to the over-pronators due to its Cloudwave fan-shaped Mizuno Wave Technology. It is a piece of wave-shaped plastic placed below the ball of the foot that helps aid against over-pronation and provides stability while running.
Moreover, right below the wave is U4ICX foam, which further enhances the cushioning and provides an exceptional experience.
For added comfortability, U4ic Midsole, along with U4icX Strobel Lasting Board, is featured to deliver comfortable underfoot feel, optimal shock absorption, durability, and a superior ride. It also makes the shoe Innovatively light, resilient, responsive, and well-cushioned.
You don’t need to worry about sweaty and stinky feet anymore; as this stability running sneaker has its upper crafted from a jacquard mesh fabric, which is lighter, stretchable, and lot more breathable than the traditional mesh fabric.
Additionally, it easily adapts the shape and wraps around the foot when the foot bends or twists while running, due to the fabric’s flexibility as well as Mizuno Dynamotion Fit technology, hence, providing sock-like, secure fit.
As most of the running shoes, these shoes also offer lace-up closure, padded tongue, and cushioned collar so you can comfortably wear them on a marathon, running a practice or wear them casually.
Moving on to is outsole, which features carbon rubber outsoles with deeper flex grooves than its previous model, improving its flexibility, durability, and traction on various surfaces. The outsole is durable enough to withstand wear and tear even after running 150+ miles.
These shoes are available in 5 different color combinations and a wide range of US standard sizes along with a wide width option intact.
For Men Version:
Mizuno Wave Inspire 15 Review:
- About 87% of the reviewers found these stability shoes very well made and at a reasonable price.
- It’s 12 mm Heel drop is something praised by beginner runners who require more significant heel cushioning.
- Reviewers were amazed to find these shoes durable enough to run 150+ miles in it without any noticeable wear and tear.
- Users have been wearing them for running, gym, and other indoor activities without any discomfort.
- According to many users, these shoes provide adequate arch support and stability for over-pronators.
- A lot of buyers praised its appealing design and looks.
- Many buyers agreed that these are indeed one of the best stability running shoes for overpronators.
- About 7% of the reviewers had issues with these stability sneakers.
- Few of the users claimed that these shoes are not true to size or width, so you may have to buy a bigger size.
- One of the buyers said that it’s color combination isn’t as it is depicted in images.
ASICS GT 2000 6 Lite Show is indeed one of the top-rated shoes online with almost all positive reviews for critics.
If you want to run extra miles after a workout, run a race, or for long-distance running, these running shoes are perfect for everything.
They are crafted from mesh fabric upper with prominent vents to ensure sufficient airflow to keep the foot cool, dry, and sweat-free while in hot summer days or excessive running.
Moreover, you can comfortably wear them without socks, thanks to its seamless interior construction, along with synthetic overlays to protect your upper foot.
For the comfortability while running, its midsole is packed with FluidRide technology to give bouncy feel along with lightweight, durable, and comfy sensation throughout.
Its Dynamic DuoMax Support System increases the stability for over-pronators, as well as make the shoes lighter and supportive.
Your heels, arches, or any other part of the foot won’t hurt anymore as these shoes are equipped with Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning System along with The Guidance Trusstic System. It is to give you “walking on a cloud” like painless experience on multiple planes, no matter how long you run.
Does your foot slip out of the shoe while running? That due to poor-fitting of the shoe. This issue is prevented with a highly-efficient Lace-up closure system along with Heel Clutching System Technology to keep your foot and heels in place for good.
It has a padded collar and removable sock-liner along with High Abrasion Rubber outsole with Flex grooves to further enhance the comfortability, flexibility, traction, and gait efficiency. They are available in appealing colorways with discrete eyelets and various US standard sizes.
Do you know! There is a huge difference between Running Shoes and Training Shoes
ASICS GT 2000 Lite Show Reviews:
- About 88% of the reviews received were satisfying.
- Reviewers found its 10 mm heel drop perfect for beginner runners.
- One of the buyers said these shoes are indeed one of the best stability running shoes for overpronators with a reasonable price tag, fantastic quality, and use of technologies in its midsole to improve the foot’s posture and steady the gait.
- Many users were quite impressed with its eye-catching color combinations and stylish design.
- A lot of users felt these shoes True to Size and Width.
- The shoe’s secure, durable, comfortable, and breathable built has enabled users to wear them comfortably at work, gym, jogging, or running.
- About 8% of the reviewers were disappointed.
- One of the buyers complained these shoes tore apart after few months of use.
- They ran narrow and short for one of the reviewers.
- A couple of buyers complained about its poor comfortability and arch support.
A list of best stability running shoes for over-pronators is incomplete without New Balance W940v3 running shoes.
They are comfortable, stable, durable, and breathable, making them perfect for runners to run a long marathon or daily running.
These shoes are loaded with Dual-density ABZORB midsole along with TPU TBEAM shank, which provides lightweight and flexible experience with torsional stability, shock absorption, and sufficient arch support.
For the upper, combination of no-sew breathable mesh and synthetic leather material is used together with breathable fabric lining beneath it to ensure maximum breathability, irritation-free, and comfy environment inside.
To further enhance comfortability, these running shoes are packed with plush collar and tongue along with polyurethane insert.
Moving on to its outsole. It is manufactured from blown rubber with deep flex grooves that separate large pods to improve flexibility, cushioning, and traction.
It has a 10 mm Heel drop with Ndurance rubber (Carbon rubber) used in the heel area, forefoot, and outer side of the shoe to withstand wear and tear and enhance the durability.
Its versatile and lightweight design, as well as two eye-catching colorways. The availability in wide and narrow width is also something you can’t ignore.
New Balance 940v3 Running Shoe Reviews:
- About 86% of the reviewers were happy to buy these stability running shoes.
- A reviewer suffering from orthotics and over-pronation as well as having wide toes and bad knees found relief after wearing these shoes as they have roomy toe box and a lot of cushioning.
- Many reviewers praised its stability, which helped them correct their over-pronation.
- A couple of users appreciated its appealing looks and durability.
- About 6% of the reviews were disappointing.
- One of the reviewers found these running sneakers a bit bulky and stiff.
- A couple of users complained that these shoes fell apart after a few months of use.
- One runner complained that its heel clutching system doesn’t function properly due to which their feel tends to slip out while running.
These shoes ensure comfort, support, and stability you crave. Like other ASICS stability shoes, these running sneakers are also packed with DuoMax® Support System along with Guidance Trusstic System to provide adequate arch support, prevent the over-pronation, and to prevent underfoot’s muscles and tendons from strains.
These shoes are responsive, bouncy, and absorb shocks effectively, all credit goes to its Gel® cushioning, and FlyteFoam® Lyte Technology used under the Heel area.
Moreover, High Energizing cushioning, along with Forefoot and Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System, has made it possible for runners to run long distances races with comfort and support.
Plush Tongue and collar, as well as engineered mesh upper with supportive synthetic overlays, are used to craft the Upper of the shoes, which enables the runner to get a sock-like, flexible fitting and breathable environment even in hot summers.
Are you looking for customized Fit? These shoes feature a removable ComforDry insole, so you can easily replace them with custom orthotics to get customized arch support and cushioning.
Additionally, its lace-up closure gives you a snug fit, and Its breathable fabric lining inside the shoes gives you a cozy, irritation-free, sweat-free, and breezy environment throughout running.
Durable AHAR® rubber outsole with vertical flex grooves gives you reliable traction and grip on multiple surfaces, hence, improving your gait, speed, and preventing you from slip and fall.
Its ten different color schemes are all eye-catching and appealing enough to become part of your wardrobe and gather compliments from others.
ASICS GT 1000 7 Reviews:
- About 82% of the reviewers praised what these stability sneakers have to offer.
- Many reviewers were quite impressed with its cushioning and arch support.
- Over-pronators found relief wearing them as they provide enough stability.
- Its stability, durability, and comfort have forced users to say, “these shoes are indeed one of the best stability running shoes for overpronators.”
- “They need no break-in time,” one of the reviewers claimed.
- The shoe has an 8 mm Heel drop that has supported many beginner runners to perform better.
- About 10% of the reviews were negative.
- One of the reviewers was disappointed, as toe guard isn’t available in these shoes.
- Some of the buyers found these stability sneakers too narrow with less arch support.
- A couple of users were unhappy with its less roomy toe box, which caused their toe to be numb.
- One of the buyers complained that he didn’t find a well-supported Tim, which is responsible for supporting stability mechanisms.
Adidas Solar Glide ST is one of the most recommended stability running shoes for overpronators. It is due to the Dual Density Boost midsole, which comprises blown up TPU capsules, also referred to as “energy capsules” by Adidas, that helps correct the overpronation while running.
Moreover, to further enhance the safety, stability, and support for overpronators, Solar Propulsion Rail is also included on the side of the shoe.
For better arch support, fitting, smooth heel to toe transition, and added support for overpronation, Torsion System Is also included.
Want the traction and durability of the shoe like car’s tires? Of course, you would say Yes! For this, Adidas has crafted the shoe’s outsole from Continental Rubber, which ensures excellent traction on various surfaces in any season.
Additionally, Stretchweb outsole flexes to make the sole more flexible, hence, increasing the momentum, speed, and responsiveness of the runner.
The Upper of the shoes is made out of breathable mesh fabric like almost all other shoes discussed above due to which you can run tens of miles in it with your dry, fresh, and odor-less feet.
It also features a traditional lace-up closure system along with unique Fitwing Tongue, which exceptionally relieves pressure from the foot while running.
Unlike other running shoes, these shoes come with a heel counter, that covers the sides of the heel, having a split in between them at the Achilles. It prevents the heel from slipping out of the shoes while running without sacrificing the fitting and runner’s miles.
These shoes offer a heel drop of 10 mm along with three cute colorways and various US standard sizes to accommodate the maximum number of runners.
Adidas Solar Glide ST Reviews:
- About 85% of the reviewers applauded the shoe’s performance.
- Long-distance and marathon runners were satisfied wearing them due to its excellent breathability, comfort, and stability.
- Many users were quite impressed with its versatile and eye-catching looks that blend with any casual outfit.
- Over-pronator looking for heel cushioning, stability, and overall comfort were happy to find these running sneakers.
- About 12% of the reviews received were disappointing.
- One of the users found the shoe’s tongue less cushioned and uncomfortable.
- A couple of users had blister wearing them.
Be it be running a marathon or just a small distance run; If you have flat feet or suffering from over-pronation, you require an excellent and durable pair of stability running shoes. Remember buying only from an authentic and official store and of the trustworthy brand to get what you deserve.
Apart from the factors discussed above to choose the right running shoe, You should also consider the Heel Drop (Heel to Toe Drop) of the running shoe, as it can affect your mileage and prevent you from injuries.
These were some of the best Stability Running shoes for over-pronators, you can buy online. If you have any queries, suggestions or if you want to share reviews about any product mentioned above, feel free to leave a comment.
Enjoy Image Slide Show Video here! And don’t forget to share it with friends: