Post Last Updated on
Life as a nurse is not an easy job. It requires a lot of hard work, dedication and a thick skin to face everyday challenges at work.
According to the survey, there are around 2.6 million nurses registered in the United States of America alone, in which most nurses work for 3 shifts in a week, where they collectively walk for average 4.7 million miles on a working day, having an average of walking 4 miles daily by each nurse.
For such a challenging and painstaking job of nursing and having a walk for an average of 4 miles daily, a nurse requires a shoe that would provide ultimate comfort, flexibility and durability without sacrificing style and looks. Wherefore, we have hunted, sorted, filtered, reviewed and compiled a list of top 10 best shoes for nurses on feet all day, that every nurse should have.
The following shoes made their place in the list after going through hours of testing and analyses done by real-life testers, reviewers and experts. All of the reviews provided are unbiased, authentic and collected from credible sources to give you the best among the best available.
- 1 10 Best Shoes for Nurses on Feet All Day
- 1.1 1. Crocs – Women’s Classic Clog, Comfort Slip On Casual Waterproof Shoe:
- 1.2 2. Skechers GOwalk 4 – Pursuit – Women’s Walking Shoes:
- 1.3 3. Saucony – ProGrid Integrity ST2 – Women’s Walking shoes:
- 1.4 4. Skechers – Sure Track – Trickel – Women’s Work Shoes:
- 1.5 5. Skechers for Work – Women’s Soft Stride-Softie Lace-Up Shoes:
- 1.6 6. Skechers for Work – Women’s Ghenter Bronaugh Work Shoes:
- 1.7 7. Skechers for Work – Relaxed Fit: Eldred SR:
- 1.8 8. Nurse Mates – Velocity – Best Shoes for Nurses on feet all day:
- 1.9 9. Dansko – Professional Mule for Women:
- 1.10 10. Skechers – Empire Fashion – Women’s Sports Sneaker:
- 2 Conclusion:
10 Best Shoes for Nurses on Feet All Day
Working on the slippery hospital floors, walking from patient to patient or even running to save the life of someone in an emergency isn’t an easy job. You need to make yourself calm and comfortable to do your job as a nurse effectively. Keeping all the aspects in our mind, we added crocs classic clogs in our list of best shoes for nurses on feet all day.
These clogs by Crocs offers a gentle massaging sensation, optimal shock absorption and lightweight cushioning due to its Croslite™ footbed so that you can stay up on your feet all day without any foot fatigue.
Synthetic Upper that is waterproof and has ventilation ports for adequate airflow, keeps your foot dry, cool and help shed water quickly. Moreover, shoe material is easy to clean, water-resistant and odour-resistant helping you to do your job in a neat, tidy and hygienic way.
As the hospital’s floor is washed and cleaned frequently, you always have a chance stepping on a wet floor,
These shoes are generous in width and length, hence, give you enough room for foot, in addition to Heel strap for a secure fit. They are available in a whopping 42 flavors along with a wide range of
Crocs Classic Clog Reviews:
- About 88% of reviews (from 18000+ Reviewers) were positive.
- Many reviews praised its iconic design, which is loved by everyone of any gender or age.
- A lot of nurses praised these shoes, especially its size, breathability and comfortability for standing all day.
- Its lightweight structure and eye-catching colors are loved by many buyers.
- Apart from hospitals, reviewers have been wearing them on beaches, pools, gardens or in their
homefor casual use without any discomfort.
- Many buyers praised it’s easy to clean, waterproof material.
- These shoes offer enough room, even for wide feet, bunions or hammertoes, giving relief to many reviewers.
- Some reviewers have complained that its quality is getting lower with time.
- A few of the reviewers found its design ugly.
- A couple of users claimed that these are not comfortable enough and give a “plastic” feel.
- Some of the buyers felt that these clogs are too large to wear due to its extra roomy toe box.
Looking for a lightweight pair of walking shoes with a cushioned platform, adequate arch support and pronation control? Then Skechers GoWalk 4 is indeed one of the best choices.
Equipped with the brand’s proprietary GO Pillars & 5GEN midsole and breathable, cushioned Goga Max® foam insole, these features supply support to anatomically correct arch support, high energy return and ensure shock absorption on each step. Moreover, it is also loaded with bamboo lining in the footbed to prevent stinky smell or bacterial infection so that you stand on your feet all day with comfort, support,
Moving on to its upper, it is crafted from a breathable mesh fabric that adapts the shape of your foot along with synthetic overlays on toe, heel,
Besides midsole, GoPillar technology is also used in the outsole for added support and comfort along with multi-directional tread patterns that provide traction and slip resistance over various surfaces so that you can walk like a queen anywhere you want to.
Its versatile & stylish design, commendable comfort, and admirable durability make these shoes one of the best shoes for nurses on feet all day. They are available in a wide range of sizes and colors as well as with wide option intact.
Skechers GoWalk 4 walking shoe reviews:
- About 85% of the reviewers were happy to buy these shoes.
- Nurses have been wearing them in their 12 hours long shifts and praised their comfortability, flexibility, and support.
- According to many buyers, these shoes are stylish enough to wear with any dress on any occasion.
- Users with wide feet felt blessed to find these shoes with wide width and roomy toe box.
- A lot of reviews agreed that these shoes are very lightweight and durable.
- About 75% of the users felt that these shoes are true to size and width with moderate arch support and just right toe box.
- About 7% of the reviews received were negative.
- A few of the buyers complained that the shoe’s upper fabric seemed stretched out and loose after a few months of use.
- One of the buyers claimed that these shoes are not true to size.
- A couple of buyers complained that these are shoes are of inferior quality with a very thin insole.
- Some of the buyers weren’t pleased with its arch support.
It features a super soft leather upper for added comfort with each step as well as a breathable mesh tongue and a fully lined breathable mesh interior too for comfort next to the skin or wrap your foot in bliss. It will keep the foot dry and breezy, even on hot summer days while standing, walking or working.
The midsole is comprised of a full-length, compression and molded EBA to deliver lightweight, responsive cushioning. It even has a highly responsive compound in the forefoot to help optimize cushioning throughout your entire gait cycle. Moreover, the addition of the Pro-Heel Grid System in the heel absorbs impacting shock for even more comfort and a walk track system throughout the entire midsole and outsole design gives you smoother transitions.
Talking more about outsole, it has a non-marking, blown rubber outsole and durable XT-900 Carbon Rubber added to high wear areas and it’s nice and flexible as well.
Wear them to the hospital as a nurse or a doctor or using them casually for your daily activates without any worries, as these shoes are cushioned and durable enough to give you an ultimate co
They are available in 3 decent colors along with a narrow, wide and extra-wide width option to choose from.
Saucony Integrity ST2 reviews:
- About 87% of the reviewers were satisfied with the shoe’s performance.
- Many users praised that these shoes help correct the pronation.
- Users having Plantar Fasciitis or other foot
problems appreciated the comfortability and arch support of the shoes. Check out this link for more Women’s shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
- A lot of nurses praised its heel support, saying that indeed Saucony ST2 shoes are one of the best shoes for nurses on feet all day.
- A significant number of reviewers felt that these shoes are true to size, fit well and require negligible break-in time.
- Buyers were happy to find 3 different widths option in these shoes, that is quite rarely offered by other brands.
- Few users weren’t quite impressed with the appearance of the shoes.
- Some of the users complained about the squeaking of these walking shoes.
- A handful of people claimed that these shoes are too uncomfortable to wear.
- Some of the reviewers complained that these shoes lack adequate arch support.
Working as a waitress at a restaurant or as a nurse in a hospital, Skechers sure track will make your work fun and co
This shoe is super sleek and very soft to touch, as it comes with a rich durable genuine leather upper. You also have a great lace-up design to provide you with a perfect fit and it’s nicely lined on the interior by the breathable mesh lining and a removable memory foam cushion foot-bed on the bottom for all-day bless. For the added comfortability, padded tongue and collar are also featured to ensure the cushioning of the foot from all direction.
The midsole design is supremely lightweight and helps absorb shock. it’s also flexible to provide great support to the foot.
The outsole has been electrical hazard safety rated and is completely slip-resistant. When it rains, it pours so be prepared for those heavy workdays with the Skechers Trickel.
Availability in wide and extra wide with, as well as a wide range of US standard sizes and 3 awesome colors, will make you fell in love with these shoes.
Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel Reviews:
- About 85% of the reviewers praised everything about the shoes.
- Many reviewers recommended these shoes to those who work for 12 hours long shift by standing and walking around at work like waitresses, bartenders, and nurses.
- A lot of buyers said that the memory foam is quite comfortable and gives a
- Users with extra wide feet were quite impressed with its roomy toe box and design.
- If you are looking for some of the best slip-resistant shoes for women, then Skechers Sure Track is a must buy, according to a significant number of reviewers.
- Many buyers found these shoes comfortable, durable, breathable along with stylish and attractive design.
- About 5% of the reviews were negative.
- Some of the reviewers complained that these shoes wear out too quickly, so you may need to buy a new pair after 8 to 10 months of regular use.
- A few buyers claimed that these shoes require break-in time.
- Its sole is non-removable, whic
hdisappointed some users.
- A couple of users found these shoes uncomfortable.
If you are looking for a combo of comfort, durability,
Crafted from a durable and flexible soft leather upper with a lace-up front and breathable Magna Lining beneath it makes the shoes a blessing especially for nurses on feet all day. It keeps the foot dry, co
For added comfortability of the footwear, contoured, cushioned and removable Molded Polyurethane Insole along with a lightweight Midsole made out of compression & molded Phylon is featured to give you the walking on cloud-like experience throughout your 12 hours long shift. From Plantar Fasciitis to Heel Spur these shoes will provide maximum relief from no matter which foot pain you are suffering from.
Talking about its outsole, you don’t have to worry about wet and slippery hospital floor as these shoes are equipped with non-slip, high abrasion nitrile rubber outsole, that is slip-resistant on numerous surfaces including oily and wet surfaces. Moreover, its outsole is durable enough to withstand pre-mature wear and tear so you don’t need to buy a new pair every six months.
Available in white and black color, with simple yet stylish design, amazing cushioning and features as well as a wide range of US standard size along with wide width option, makes these shoes one of the best shoes for nurses on feet all day.
Skechers for Work – Soft Stride – Softie Shoes Reviews:
- About 80% of the reviews were positive about these shoes.
- Many users recommend these shoes to others due to its adequate arch support and slip-resistant outsole.
- A lot of users praised its memory foam insole, whic
his comfortable enough to wear and easily removable to replace it with custom orthotics.
- Many nurses who were on their feet for 8 hours were happy to wear them without any discomfort.
- According to reviews its wide width option is a blessing for women with wide feet.
- About 10% of the reviewers had complained about the shoes.
- A few of them recommended buying a half size bigger as they may not be true to size.
- One of the buyers claimed that these shoes are not good to wear for standing on foot all-day.
- A couple of buyers claimed that these shoes fell apart after a few months of use.
- Some of the reviewers complained that these shoes are not comfortable.
Another great entry for best shoes for nurses on feet all day is Skechers Ghenter Bronaugh Work Shoes. It provided self-assured and surefooted feel with reliable comfort, durability, breathability,
Its upper is crafted from breathable mesh fabric, which is stylish, durable, flexible and ventilated enough to keep your foot dry, co
Together with the upper, its interior is also well-cushioned with comfortable footbed containing Memory Foam, padded tongue,
These shoes also feature a lightweight and flexible midsole along with a
Rubber toe guard to protect your toes, heel panel fabric overlay for easy wearing along with side gore panels to enhance flexibility as well as availability in wide width and various US standard sizes, Skechers Ghenter Bronaugh Work Shoes are packed with every luxury you want.
Skechers Ghenter Bronaugh Work shoe Reviews
- Around 81% of the reviewers appreciated the overall performance of these work shoes.
- According to many users, these shoes are true to size and felt true to width with moderate arch support.
- Many reviewers claimed that these shoes are one of the best non-slip work shoes.
- Along with good traction, these shoes are also breathable and flexible, a couple of users stated.
- From bartenders to nurses, and from waitresses to regular walker, these shoes are perfect for everyone.
- A lot of users praised its water and stain-resistant upper, whic
hmakes the shoe easy to clean and look always tidy.
- About 11% of the reviewers were unsatisfied with these shoes for nurses.
- Few of them complained that these shoes are not comfortable enough.
- Some people with high arches felt insufficient arch support. Check out the Best Shoes for High Arches here.
- A couple of reviewers complained that these shoes hurt the feet after wearing for long.
Skechers have a lot to offer for the workforce. It provides comfort, durability, quality,
It’s upper crafted from smooth leather, with soft fabric shoe lining beneath as well as a padded tongue, mesh fabric collar and heel panel ensures comfy, breathable and flexible walk throughout the work shift.
To further enhance the comfortability, these shoes feature a roomier toe box with a Relaxed fit design, removable insole topped with Memory Foam and flexible, shock-absorbing, lightweight midsole. Moreover, a Slip-resistant outsole made out of Nitrile rubber is also provided to give great traction, durability and incredible all-day cushioned comfort.
Beside slip resistance over oil and slippery surfaces, these shoes also ensure protection from electrical hazards, so that you can wear them easily in any work condition.
These extremely popular low top sneakers are available in black and white colors and 2 different styles along with wide
Skechers Eldred SR Work Shoes Reviews:
- Around 76% of the reviewers had no issues with the shoes.
- Nurses have worn them for hours-long shifts without any discomfort, claiming these shoes are one of the best shoes for nurses on foot all day.
- Its removable insole with memory foam was praised by many reviewers, that was very comfortable and even quite easy to customize.
- A significant number of users stated that these shoes fit true to size and aren’t too clunky or heavy.
- People with wide feet were happy with its roomier toe box and availability of an extra-wide width option.
- These shoes are one of the best slip-resistant shoes for women, claimed one of the users.
- Some of the users claimed that these shoes lack adequate arch support.
- A significant number of users complained that these shoes wore out after a few months of use.
- A couple of users claimed their feet hurt after wearing these shoes.
Nurse Mate – velocity, as its name suggests, are the shoes designed specifically for nurses. These shoes are designed to provide top-notch stability, comfort,
These casually cool shoes with sporty style are made out of printed polyurethane or durable full-grain leather upper with rounded toe box, padded collar,
Dual-density foam footbed that is firm yet flexible, ensures maximum shock absorption and adequate arch support for all-day comfort along with embedded composite shanks to enhance stability.
Besides all the amazing features discussed above, these shoes also slip-resistant and provide great traction over multiple surfaces. moreover, they are available in 7 appealing upper prints and colorways as well as a wide range of US standard sizes with a wide width option intact.
Nurse Mates Velocity Shoe Reviews:
- About 77% of the reviews were positive, with a lot of praise about its stylish & lightweight design and comfortability.
- Apart from nurses, many reviewers have also used them for food serving and in bars.
lotof users praised its waterproof and easy to clean upper, keeping their shoes tidy and new every day.
- Many users with foot problems like plantar fasciitis were happy to buy these shoes as they provide optimal arch support through the work shift.
- These shoes ran true to size and width for the majority of testers.
- About 12% of the reviews had complained about the shoes.
- A couple of buyers claimed that these shoes are not comfortable for wearing during long work shifts.
- One of the reviewers felt that these shoes make her feet hot, after wearing for long.
- A significant number of reviewers claimed that these shoes won’t last for more than 6, to 8 months.
- Some of the testers claimed that these shoes for nurses are a bit narrow to wear.
Next shoes you should be we’re checking out is these heavy-duty shoes from Dansko. This shoe, named Professional Mule is made out of extremely durable leather material for the upper that is perfect for all different types of
The inside lining is super soft and extremely comfortable, moreover, padded footbed down there is like hugging your feet to keep your feet feel comfortable all day long. You also have a very roomy thermoplastic toe box in the front having double reinforcement on it to help keep your toes protected and give them a lot of space to move around and feel comfortable.
Furthermore, you have a protective polyurethane heel counter at the back / Heel side of the shoe, to help the heel move up and down more comfortably while you are walking. Moreover, on the bottom, you have an extremely durable polyurethane outsole, that attenuates shock as well as gives flexibility while you are wearing.
It also has kind of a rocker bottom design on the outsole which will really help propel you forward as you are walking.
Keep your feet comfortable, nice and protected into great pair of shoes like these from Dansko. They are available in a variety of sizes, print designs, and colors, leaving you with a wide range of options to fill your wardrobe.
Dansko Professional Clog Reviews:
- About 80% of the Buyers appreciated everything about these shoes.
- From nurses to hairstylists, from waitresses to bartenders, these shoes were tested, praised and recommended by many of them.
- About 75% of the reviewers felt that these shoes are True to size, and Width, with Just right toe box and good arch support.
- All of the reviewers who stay on foot all day at work praised the comfort, traction,
andstability of the shoes.
- Many Plantar Fasciitis patients found relief from pain after wearing them
- A lot of users stated that these shoes are highly recommended to others and worth each and every penny.
- These shoes are one of the best shoes for nurses on feet all day, a lot of users praised.
- A few of the reviewers found these shoes very uncomfortable to wear.
- Users with high arches complained that these shoes didn’t provide adequate arch support to their feet.
- Some of the users had width issues in the shoes, for some these were too wide and for some they were narrow.
- One of the reviewers claimed that these shoes squeak while walking.
No doubt, Skechers has something for everyone, from decent and simple work shoes to fashion sports sneakers, they have a lot to offer especially for the workforce.
Empire Fashion Sports Sneakers by Skechers are also one of its kind, having all features sports shoes, fashion sneakers and work shoes combined to give you an ultimate and versatile experience.
It’s upper crafted from smooth, athletic flat-knit fabric with knit-in striped design along with Synthetic overlays at sides and faux leather heel overlays to make shoes durable, flexible and breathable enough to keep your foot dry, breezy and comfortable throughout. Moreover, the upper features a slip-on bungee laced up design for easy wearing and sock-like fitting.
Moving on to its interior, these shoes have padded collar and tongue as well as a soft fabric shoe lining for the irritation-free and breathable experience. It also has a roomier toe box ensuring a
For added comfortability, a lightweight, shock-absorbing midsole, as well as air-cooled, moisture-wicking, cushioned comfort, Memory Foam insole, is provided along with ultra-flexible, traction outsole for seamless, co
These shoes are equally stylish as they are comfortable, due to their upper having metallic finish with the metallic interwoven pattern. Moreover, 13 eye-catching colorways with stitching accents, Zigzag stitched toe seam detail, iconic S logo on sides, Reflective stripes at heel panel and Bungee stretch laced front panel, further contributes to its appealing and sporty design.
Skechers – Empire Fashion – Sports Sneakers Reviews:
- About 86% of the buyers shared positive reviews about these sports sneakers.
- Reviewers like nurses, waitresses and bartenders praised its heel and overall cushioning that helps them to be one foot for a whole working day.
- Its availability in several colorways along with contrast color combination with midsole stripe and outsole gives an appealing look, according to many users.
- Users wore them easily without socks and felt no irritation.
- Its thick memory foam and relaxed fit design forced many to buy them and wear them during hours-long shifts.
- Its midsole and insole gave great arch support and hugged sensation to many reviewers.
- About 6% of the reviewers complained about the shoes.
- Some of the reviewers complained that these shoes have a narrow room.
- A couple of reviewers claimed that these Skechers sneakers for women fell apart after a few months of use.
- People tend to have high arches complained about inadequate arch support.
These were some of the best shoes for nurses on feet all day. All of them have their own distinctive qualities and drawbacks for which you just can’t rank them fairly. All you need to do is to choose what’s best for you according to your budget, foot type, and fashion taste.
If you have any suggestions or something better that is not included in our list, then feel free to share your reviews, suggestions, and recommendations by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Watch Slideshow video for Best Shoes for Nurses on feet all day, here: